If you’ve ever wanted to get the most out of what your car has to offer, then you may want to consider learning ECU tuning. It’s a fun way to learn how to “Remap” and program your own car to peak performance – and for car enthusiasts like you, it’s definitely a joy to learn.
Knowing how to tune a car’s ECU means you can:
• Fine-tune your car’s fuel economy, especially if you know at which speeds it spends much of its driving time;
• Get more horsepower out of your car’s build
• Make the engine more responsive to acceleration
• Smoothen your engine’s power delivery, so you don’t need to switch gears as often
• Save money on gas bills by improving fuel efficiency
All of these terms are used to describe the same thing. Modern car and van engines have an electronic management system that controls fueling. This system is run by the brain of the engine, the ECU (Engine Control Unit). When you put your foot down, the ECU decides how much fuel and air to mix, squirt into the cylinder and ignite. Diesel and petrol engines work a bit differently, but that isn’t really important right now. read more →